The St. Stanislaus School Board is chosen by the Pastor to be a consultative body, to assist him and his appointed school administrators in the governing of St. Stanislaus School. The School Board has as its primary concern, the ministry of Catholic school education: the spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development of the students.
The members of the School Board come from a variety of backgrounds. There are parishioners, non-parishioners, parents and non-parents, alumni and graduates of other institutions. They live in Chicopee, and come from outlying communities; from the business and professional worlds, academia, and the home front. Some are leaders and others provide the support necessary to help leaders succeed in their endeavors. The Board has also included clergy from other parishes.
The School Board supports its pastor and administrators in fulfilling the Mission Statement:
St. Stanislaus School is a Catholic, Franciscan, co-educational Pre-K through 8th grade school that exists to assist students in developing their potential spiritually, physically, and socially, while fostering academic excellence within a safe and nurturing environment.
The Consultative School Board is established to assist the School’s Administration, and thereby its Pastor, by providing advice and counsel in the areas of:
- By assisting in formulating strategic goals for the long-term direction of the school.
- By assisting in formulating the School Mission Statement.
- By providing advice and counsel with regard to policies in areas determined by the Pastor and Administration
EVALUATION OF POLICIES, PLANS, MISSION EFFECTIVENESS, AND BOARD SELF-EVALUATION
- By providing advice and counsel with regard to the establishment and maintenance of comprehensive programs of institutional advancement and to enhance the image, enrollment, and financial viability of the school.
- By providing advice and counsel with regard to the establishment of a comprehensive development program to ensure the financial growth of the School.
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- By providing advice and counsel with regard to long-range financial planning, annual budget development, budget monitoring, and financial reporting.
- By providing advice and counsel with regard to communicating school policies and activities to the various school constituencies.
The Consultative School Board DOES NOT
- Have authority for formulating policies separate from the Pastor and Administration.
- Have responsibility for determining the amount of Parish funds used in support of the school.
- Have responsibility with regard to school curriculum, staff/personnel, or students.
School Board Committees
- STANDING COMMITTEES
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- MISSION ENHANCEMENT COMMITTEE
- STRATEGIC PLANNING AND POLICY COMMITTEE
- BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS COMMITTEE
- FINANCE COMMITTEE
- COMMITTEE ON BOARD MEMBERS
- DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- SPECIAL/AD HOC COMMITTEES
- GOLF OUTING COMMITTEE
|School Board Members|
|Sandra Peret, Secretary||Lisa Bienvenue|
|Debbie Sawyer||Jerri Bresnahan|
|Melissa Harms||Michelle Anamisis|
|Trudy Dziok||Tom Guertin|